Author Topic: Good news-Mazda recall going out for replacement condenser units  (Read 441 times)

Offline CrushedBunny

• S Class
  • '65 SportNav Auto Soul Red
    • Email
  • Body: Hatchback
Hi, I posted yesterday regarding the aircon in my 65 plate SportNav not working. Thought I'd post this as a new topic, as may be of interest to others and would have not been noticed in the other thread.

I rang Newport Mazda this morning, and was told that they've just had a recall issued by Mazda for failed condenser units. Letters to customers affected are going out today. She checked her list, and my car is on it  :) So, booked in for replacement at end of May.

Offline Si

• Sport Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Good news-Mazda recall going out for replacement condenser units
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »
Yay, good news for you and others.  And a manufacturer doing the right thing  :)

Offline RedMaz

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »
Just taken my 16 reg in for a service and aircon not working. Service ok but condenser unit leaking and will have to be replaced, unit on order because of a recall and will take three weeks.

I think the lead time for repair will get longer with the amount of cars. On Honest Johns site back in JULY 2017 Mazda told him that they new about the leaking condensers, so why so long to recall.

Offline millyst24

• TS Class
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »
Hi I have a 2015 sport launch edition the air con is not working, how can I find out which cars are affected by the recall to sort out the  condenser problem.

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »