Author Topic: Do I change  (Read 154 times)

Offline jimw

• S Class
Do I change
« on: December 22, 2017, 03:49:39 PM »
Hi, I have had  a 2 sport diesel 2011 from new.  It has been trouble free, done 50000 miles and always returns more than 50mpg no matter how I drive it. I am now thinking of changing it.
Local dealer has a ex demo 67 plate 1.5 SE-L for ?12,998. I was wondering if this would be a good move?  What kind of fuel consumption could I expect in the real world?  Would my spare wheel out of my current car fit this one?
Any thoughts or constructive advice would be welcome.

Season greetings and all the best for 2018.

Jim

Offline Soot Sprite

• S Class
  • I don't need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Do I change
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »
Can't help you with the spare wheel issue, but I would assume the stud pattern/PCD and rolling diameter would be the same? I think they're both 16"? Have you driven the ex-demo car? Would have thought you might find it a bit torque-light compared to the oil burner?
2009 Mazda 2 Sport "Soot Sprite" - the dependable daily!

2016 Lotus Elise S "Lotoro" - for the fun times!

Offline jimw

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 05:08:21 PM »
Hi Thanks for the reply.  I went ahead and bought a 1.5 se-l nav 90.  You are right about the torque, find I have to change down to pass anything now instead of just accelerating.  The dealer let me take my old space saver wheel and it does fit the hub.  Watching the fuel consumption now.

Offline steve67

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »
hi we have had 2 1.5's in the last 2 yrs and both have/are returning 45+mpg around town/mixed driving...
hope this helps, oh watch out for the dreaded aircon fault ...it happened to us in our first car at 8k miles

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »