Author Topic: Soot Sprite's M2 Sport, new to the forum  (Read 574 times)

Offline Soot Sprite

• S Class
  • I don't need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
Soot Sprite's M2 Sport, new to the forum
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »
Evening all,

I'm new to the forum but not new to Mazda 2's, my wife used to have a Metropolitan Grey TS2 a few years ago before she sold it when she went on an ex-pat assignment for work. I used to have a mk2.5 MX-5 so when I needed a new daily driver last March I didn't hesitate to look for a '2 and I'm now the owner of this 5 door '09 Sport! Cracking little cars, especially with a reasonable amount of poke in them to exploit the chassis and while 103 BHP isn't going to ripple the tarmac anytime soon it's enough to drive with commitment without getting into trouble.

It's be well cared for but not loved by someone sympathetic to paintwork if that makes sense. Having run it for the last 9 months I have plans for it in 2018 and beyond. I see no reason why it shouldn't continue to give many years of faithful service assuming the malfunction gremlins don't work their magic and create an uneconomical fault.

Plans largely consist of essential maintenance tasks like changing the auxiliary drive belt and water pump/coolant, transmission oil change etc. I plan to replace the springs to sit it a bit closer to the road and sort out the bodywork which has more swirls than a Cadburys Flake factory and a few other bits and pieces. I'll get a project thread going soon to log the plans and the work carried out.

Looking forward to reading and contributing to the forums. Thanks,

SS
2009 Mazda 2 Sport "Soot Sprite" - the dependable daily!

2016 Lotus Elise S "Lotoro" - for the fun times!

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • TS2 Class
  • Watching events
    • Email
  • Body: Hatchback
Re: Soot Sprite's M2 Sport, new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:09:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Nice clean looking motor :)

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:32:08 AM »
Soot Sprite...

Hello and welcome...  enjoy the zoom zoom....

Shaun.....

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:32:08 AM »