Author Topic: 2016 New Mazda 2 1.5 SE-L 5 door Space Saver Wheel  (Read 616 times)

Offline lowtondave

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
2016 New Mazda 2 1.5 SE-L 5 door Space Saver Wheel
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:23:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone

I could really do with some advice, I recently purchase a 2016 Mazda 2 1.5 SE-L 5 door, sadly it only has a repair kit should there be a puncture.
Having measued the wheel aperture in the boot its obvious that only a space saver wheel wiil fit as its to shallow for a full size wheeel.
I would be prepared to only have a Space Saver as a spare, not happy with the standard what I class as a bicycle repair kit

I checked the spares listing for the new Mazda 2 and no space saver wheel is offered as an official spare.
The tyres fitted to my Mazda are 185 65 R15 88T Dunlop Ensave, the alloy wheels have 4 off fixing holes

Does anyone know from experience if the Space Save Wheel from any of the previous models will fit. Also what wheel clamp would fit

Lowtondave

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice

Offline Si

• Sport Class
    • Email
Re: 2016 New Mazda 2 1.5 SE-L 5 door Space Saver Wheel
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:23:19 PM »
Hi and welcome  :)

I can't answer about whether the previous space saver would fit, but Mazda do list a space saver as an accessory for the current (2014/15>) model.  Having said that, it Is priced at ?399!!!!  It comes with the boot fitting polystyrene and other things, but it is a massive rip off in my opinion. 

I fully agree with your thoughts on the can of glue supplied with most modern cars, it is one of the things that puts me off buying a "new" 2.

Offline kaytronika

• TS2 Class
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »
Mazda website lists the tyre size as follows:

Recommended tyre size T125/70D15 95M.
Read more at https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda2/#oAKWttcO0XW64kwv.99

Previous model tyre size when I asked on here was 115/70-14

Since I'm coming up to the end of my PCP deal this year and I had to source my own space saver on the last model this could be a bit of a deal breaker for me. Have had to use the spacesaver twice in 6 years due to side wall damage (nail once, pothole once). Tyre gunk stuff is not fit for purpose in my opinion.

Pity really as I had a new model for a day when mine was in for some checks and I loved the drive.

Would a full size spare fit in the boot space with some spacers to rise the rest of the base of the boot up btw? Probably not an answer for most but I could work around it if need be.

Offline kaytronika

• TS2 Class
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 04:51:10 PM »
Anyone found a workable solution that doesn't involve giving Mazda a stack of cash yet?

Offline cosh68

• Sport Class
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 08:04:49 PM »
lowtondave / Si / kaytronika,

Have you had a look on ebay ?

pages and pages of them ?

Shaun.....

Offline kaytronika

• TS2 Class
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »
lowtondave / Si / kaytronika,

Have you had a look on ebay ?

pages and pages of them ?

Shaun.....

Yep, none listed with tyre size, but I'll probably contact a seller to confirm and order one when I get around to buying the car  ;D 
Not much else on the market looks half as good as the new 2, as per with the previous 2!

Offline grim21

• S Class
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 09:28:47 PM »
Part of the kit is a new boot mat with 4 small foam blocks fixed to it at a cost of ?111 that you can do with out.
The kit is ordered in a list of parts so you should be able to order the wheel, tyre & jack  which is all you really need

Offline steve67

• S Class

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 08:24:18 AM »