Author Topic: Re-Mapping  (Read 598 times)

Offline owd git

• S Class
  • Body: Saloon
Re-Mapping
« on: March 28, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »
What sort of power increase can a 08 sport handle

Is it worth having it re-mapped / chipped

Any recommendations if it's worth it / engine can handle power increase
You only get black eyes & baby's through rushing

Offline cosh68

• Sport Class
    • Email
Re: Re-Mapping
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:13:17 PM »
owd git,

Have you searched the forum ?

Its not just power increase that you can get from the re-map, if they alter the throttle map, ignition timing and VVT maps you can get a completely different drive without even altering top end power but there is more lift in the mid to low power and torque...

Have a look at this... http://www.mazda2forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=2276.0

If you have any questions....

Shaun......

Offline owd git

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 03:18:59 PM »
Thanks Shaun

So what increase did it give and is it worth it in the long run
You only get black eyes & baby's through rushing

Offline cosh68

• Sport Class
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:29:55 PM »
owd git...

Depends what you want from the car, its like having a completly different car with the lower pull right through to the limiter, which ive had raised from the 6800 to 7400 gives me a longer pull in 3rd 90+ on a local track i take her round...

74bhp standard to 88.5bhp on the rollers with the CS intake & 2" stainless cat-back, release the 10bhp mazda locked from being the base model, 98.5bhp ( theoretical ) plus the re-flash ( most tuners say 10-12bhp ) so estimated 110.5bhp so similar to the 1.5...

Not had chance to get it on the rollers again yet, with the 15" wheels on its like a go-kart....

Shaun...

Offline BanzaiMike

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:42:01 PM »
owd git...

Depends what you want from the car, its like having a completly different car with the lower pull right through to the limiter, which ive had raised from the 6800 to 7400 gives me a longer pull in 3rd 90+ on a local track i take her round...

74bhp standard to 88.5bhp on the rollers with the CS intake & 2" stainless cat-back, release the 10bhp mazda locked from being the base model, 98.5bhp ( theoretical ) plus the re-flash ( most tuners say 10-12bhp ) so estimated 110.5bhp so similar to the 1.5...

Not had chance to get it on the rollers again yet, with the 15" wheels on its like a go-kart....

Shaun...

Similar to what Shaun says it depends on what you want to achieve but I wouldn't get hung up on peak increase given the nature of a small capacity NA engine, peak gains are never huge. Its more about under the curve and how the engine is transformed in its behavior.
2015 Mazda 2 115 Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica.

Mods: K&N Panel filter. (I'm trying my best to avoid modding it honest......yeah that wont happen)

Offline cosh68

• Sport Class
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 12:31:07 PM »
BanzaiMike...

Spot on there bud, the transformation in the driveability of the car after the first map file ( this sorted out the throttle lag and lumps in the throttle map )

The 2nd file I had altered the ignition timing, cleaner pulls and response from the engine...

3rd file altered the cam timing map, the kick i used to get at 3-3.5k still apparent but not as pronounced, pulls now from lower down 2-2.5k all the way up...

None of these files actually altered the WOT fueling which is what is tested on the dyno for peak power and torque...

Shaun....

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 12:31:07 PM »