Author Topic: Induction kits for the DJ 2  (Read 803 times)

Offline BanzaiMike

• S Class
  • Body: Saloon
Induction kits for the DJ 2
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »
Morning folks

I have been patiently waiting for the tuning world to start producing stuff for the DJ 2, however as yet there isn't much out there engine wise and I am looking for an induction kit to enhance the noise. The only kit i had found so far was the Autoexe one from Japan but that is horrendously expensive.

However I noticed that the Scion ia/Yaris ia are DJ Mazda 2's under the skin and AEM do this lovely little bit of kit and I was wondering if it would fit the 2 and if anybody has had experience with putting parts from the ia range on the 2?
https://www.aemintakes.com/search/product.aspx?prod=21-804C
2015 Mazda 2 115 Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica.

Mods: K&N Panel filter. (I'm trying my best to avoid modding it honest......yeah that wont happen)

Offline BanzaiMike

• S Class
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Induction kits for the DJ 2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 05:29:46 PM »
Well,I bought this Intake and I am happy to report that it is indeed a direct fit for the DJ 2 :) I have pics and a vid on the Facebook page.

Here?s a review of the intake:

Installation and fit net.
A doodle, really straightforward with zero fitting issues with easy access to everything you need to take on/off and no awkward angles. No rattles either.
The Intake is an open cone design with a air box which is open on the passenger headlight side but which seals the cone from any hot air from the engine. The air box is designed to use the OEM cold air feed which feeds directly into the bottom of the air box. (click the link above to see the pics)

Sound.
What a difference!! The engine is vocal to start with but the intake has given the car a whole new set of lungs with a deep and wide range of throaty sounds produced.
The noise is never intrusive unless I want it to be which is what I wanted, on the motorway or around town it?s near silent unless going uphill or briskly accelerating yet it isn?t loud enough to be intrusive and given the engine a nicer overall tone.
However when you get leadfooted or deliberately put the engine under a lot of load (say 4th/5th/6th gear @ 30mph then foot flat down) then it really takes a deep breath and roars, it sounds mental when the revs really climb.

Performance.
AEM say they have dyno?d the intake with a 7bhp/8lbs ft gain, this is debatable and tbh I did not buy the intake for power gains but the Intake has significantly woken this engine up.
The 115 Sport Nav has never struggled in the power department, it even pulls well over the m66 and m62 without the need to drop a gear in heavy traffic (a route I travel often) however the engine whilst it pulled smooth below 3k was a little sleepy and took a while to get going but now the engine picks up much better in the low/mid range and pulls considerably better and easier at road speeds as well.

All in all I?d strongly recommend anyone with a DJ who wants an Intake to check this one out, I ordered from Neil @VIPMotorsport, price was reasonable but currently the only intake options are not sold in the uk so are a little pricey.
There is this AEM (perfect fit, high quality, airbox), the Injen Intake (high quality, small heatshield, removes the oem air feed) and the autoexe from Japan (price is mental).

2015 Mazda 2 115 Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica.

Mods: K&N Panel filter. (I'm trying my best to avoid modding it honest......yeah that wont happen)

Mazda 2 Forums UK

Re: Induction kits for the DJ 2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 05:29:46 PM »