Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Mazdakieran

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
Hello all
« on: March 20, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »
My name is Kieran and I'm new here and to Mazda I bought a nice tidy Mazda 2 sport on a 57 plate. It was bought to replace my bombproof volvo 2003 s40 sport which sadly got smashed up in the snow :(, I still have a s60 d5 polestar, I am yet to take delivery of Mazda pics when I do. I put a deposit down. What are they like to own and live with so far Im pleased and it's a nice looking car. But any hints tips etc would be great fully received. I've learned that it doesn't have a cam belt which is a major plus. And being a 1.5 it should be quite nippy and frugal. Many thanks guys :)

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:30:40 PM »
Mazdakieran,

Hello and welcome to the group....

There a fun little car that has a bit of " zoom zoom " if you let her rev...

No cam belt just cam chain...

Shaun.....

Offline Mazdakieran

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply Shaun it's been along time since I've had a petrol hot hatch but it's nice to have one again I've driven diesels for too long I was impressed by the way the it drove, I understand it's one of the most reliable cars on the road and I have picked the better engine the 1.5 I'm looking forward to paying the balance off and actually driving it a bit more and learning about a new car I do a lot of my own servicing and brakes etc. are these cars easy to work on and I take it like my volvos if you put the right oil and don't skimp on parts then they should last a long time. You'res looks nice Shaun.

Offline dumpling

• TS2 Class
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
Hello and welcome.  You are not too far from me !!

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply Shaun it's been along time since I've had a petrol hot hatch but it's nice to have one again I've driven diesels for too long I was impressed by the way the it drove, I understand it's one of the most reliable cars on the road and I have picked the better engine the 1.5 I'm looking forward to paying the balance off and actually driving it a bit more and learning about a new car I do a lot of my own servicing and brakes etc. are these cars easy to work on and I take it like my volvos if you put the right oil and don't skimp on parts then they should last a long time. You'res looks nice Shaun.

Mazdakieran....

Yea there to bad, dpends if you quite "handy" and by the sounds of it you are, fiesta mix of sub suspension and brakes, ive got nearly 85k on mine and Julie ( my wife, Tamura in  green ) just over 60k, done oil and filter every year, plugs at 60k, pads then pads and disc's when they need it, julies still on original exhaust, mines got a 2" stainless cat-back so no issues there ( DIY job ) , iam sure you'll enjoy the icle zoom zoom....

Never driven the 1.5, should realy have a go to see how the 100bhp stacks up against my tuned.....

Shaun.....

Offline Mazdakieran

• S Class
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »
Hello dumpling whereabouts are you I'm in bucket and spade Paignton, they sound like good little motors Shaun, it's all about learning mate I think the vast majority of people could carry out repairs etc on their cars. Things haven't got off to the best starts with the car I have only driven it a few miles and it's had to be recovered and taken back to the place I bought it from :(, they have replaced the brake pipes like I asked but haven't bled the brakes because the pedal is almost hitting the floor but it's under warranty so get them to sort it. Also a very annoying rattle like squeak comming from the a pillar trim. It's annoying to say the least as I was looking forward to having a proper drive. I notice it has dsc I thought it was feeling a bit sluggish. At least I have my gas guzzling Volvo S60 to drive about in.

Offline dumpling

• TS2 Class
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 06:13:55 PM »
I'm quite near to you in Kingsteignton.  I've got the Venture Sport Edition, 1.3 engine, but all the extras!!

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 06:13:55 PM »