Author Topic: Help Installing an Edge Twin Subwoofer  (Read 2068 times)

Offline nekken003

• S Class
Help Installing an Edge Twin Subwoofer
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
Pleasssse help me...

I have recently bought a brand new Mazda 2 Tamura 1.3 and have tried to fit my Edge Twin Subwoofer so it connects to the car stereo system and the Parrott MKi9000 Hands Free Kit which I recently bought for the car.

I have been told that because I only have a Single Din Head Unit, it will not connect due to not having the correct connector at the back of the unit (whereas a Double Din/2Din does have this).

I bought a cheap RCA cable which connects the AMP to the speakers to use the power from them - but the problem I have is that when the Parrott is connected and I play music through that.. the Sub only plays bass through the Radio - I have no idea why this is and how to change this so the Sub works for any option (i.e. radio, Parrott or USB etc).

I also note which most forums state .. that the power/bass given out from the AMP is nowhere as good as it would be if it was connected properly to the head unit.

I had a Corsa B which I used it in previously and it was great - plugged straight into my aftermarket JVC Stereo with it's linked Bluetooth set... as this was able to connect straight to the back of the head unit it gave it more power and worked with all settings (Radio, CD, Bluetooth ..)

Not sure if I'm making sense but all I need is help connecting my Twin Bass Amp into the car so it works as brilliantly as it did in my Corsa.

Any help would be sooooo appreciated  ???

thank you  :)

Kita

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Help Installing an Edge Twin Subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
Does this sub have low level RCA & hi-level speaker inputs ?

Even if you have the model M2 with just the front speakers, the head unit does all four & the wires are in the back doors ready...

You should be able to go high-level from the speaker outputs to the sub, wouldn't fancy running all those back to the boot from the
head unit... you could pick them up at the "B" pillars before they go into the doors ?

I am sure some others will stick there oar in now, have you searched the forum ?

Shaun...

Offline nekken003

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
Yea the sub does have those two outputs.

Its a five door with speakers in both front and rear. I have wired the Line Convertor / LOC to both rear speakers to convert the speaker signal to RCA  frequency for the amp .. The base amp is very quiet, even when volume up..and makes it seem like its just a normal speaker.Maybe its because it was a cheap Convertor off ebay but dont wanna buy a proppa one if its goin to do the same thing.

The Head Unit doesnt have RCA outputs that goes straight to the base amp like my old aftermarket unit had...

I just want to know how to get my base amp working/installed into my Mazda2 ? :-( thanks

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »