Author Topic: Mazda TS 2 front door panel removal  (Read 3166 times)

Offline keepit40

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
Mazda TS 2 front door panel removal
« on: December 10, 2015, 10:04:39 PM »
Hello everyone I  am new to your site and hopeful someone can help me. In the recent high winds I have returned to my car after shopping to find a large dent in my passenger door consistent with someone elses door hitting mine. Probably by someone who lost control in the high winds.
Is it possible I could push the dent out from the inside if Iremove the internal plastic panel..?.
Can anyone advise how I get the panel off. Where are all the screws,clips hidden etc.
Thank you taking time to read this.
My car is a 2011 Mazda TS2  2  door model

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Mazda TS 2 front door panel removal
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:34:59 AM »
keepit40.....

The link shows pics of taking the door panel off to help with the description...

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/cosh68/library/Mazda%20Speakers

The there is a plastic piece behind the door handle that pops out to reveal a screw.
The piece of carpet in the door arm piece comes out to reveal a screw.
The small triangle on the door that sits to the rear of the wing mirror "pops" off, use a yanking movement rather than just pull as the clips come out easier doing this.
Start at the front bottom edge "yank" the panel away from the door ( clips should pop out )
Work your way along the bottom of the door and up the lock side.
When all the clips are popped out the panel hangs from the top lip.
Press the door release handle out from the rear, twist and pass through the hole.

Panel should be able to be removed lifting it up and off... follow the pictures it helps with the sequence.

If any clips pull off the panel and stay in the door prise them out with a flat blade screw driver ( or appropriate tool )

Shaun.....

Mazda 2 Forums UK

Re: Mazda TS 2 front door panel removal
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:34:59 AM »