Author Topic: Heated Seats  (Read 2615 times)

Offline davco

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
Heated Seats
« on: May 31, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »
My girlfriend has recently took delivery of an '09 Mazda 2 Sport which she loves :)

I noticed that, in the owners manual, heated seats are listed as an option (not fitted to this car). If possible, I'd like to get a pair of (front) heated seats to install. I've barely seen any mention of cars for sale with this option fitted, let alone parts for sale - was this option not available in the UK, or just rare?

I've previously owned a MK3 (2006) MX-5 on which I swapped out the standard seats for the optional heated, leather ones. This was an incredibly simple job as it required just four bolts and a plug.

I actually still have the MX-5 seats and, looking at them, they appear to have a very similar (if not identical) bolt pattern to the seats in the '2. I'm guessing that Mazda have a standard seat fixing into which all their seats can be fitted? I had thought about whacking in the MX-5 seats, but the buttons to control the heater are part of the dashboard on the MX-5 rather than on the seats themselves, as in the '2.

So my question is this; can I get some heated seats out of a different model that will fit my '2? Has anyone done this before, or have any info on the subject?

Cheers  ;)

Offline Testing386

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
Re: Heated Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 12:45:56 AM »
I'm looking at wrecks locally in order to obtain the factory Mazda2 GT heated leather seats to retrofit in my 2017 Genki. 

I figure it would be a lot easier than trying to fit seats from another make.

Mazda 2 Forums UK

Re: Heated Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 12:45:56 AM »