Author Topic: Demio (2002) 1.5 Immobiliser Issue  (Read 2026 times)

Offline DemioDriver

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
Demio (2002) 1.5 Immobiliser Issue
« on: November 17, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »
I am having intermittent issues with my immobiliser on my Demio. I have had an auto electrician check it out and he is sure it is the immobiliser, which confirmed my original diagnosis.

Sometimes the car starts without any problems but others I get into the car and turn the ignition, the immobiliser light does not illuminate and the car will not start, no turning of the engine or anything. I have tried both keys with the same results.

Anyone got any ideas or diagnostics I can run? I am hoping it will be the antennae if it is a fault as I can get one of those from a main dealer and it wont require reprogramming of the keys. I have found an immobiliser module on ebay, but assume that if I need to fit that I will need to reprogram it for my keys.

Is it possible to reprogram without sending it to a main dealer?

Thanks

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
Re: Demio (2002) 1.5 Immobiliser Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »
DemioDriver....

These help ?

Shaun......

Offline DemioDriver

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 11:39:25 AM »
The reprogramming is for the immobilizer rather than the keyless entry. On the Demio the keyless entry fob is a separate unit to the key itself. This will be useful but is not quite what I was looking for. I want to program the 2 keys to work with the engine immobiliser.

Thanks

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 11:39:25 AM »