Author Topic: Airbag ECU fault 13 --"HELP"  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Ron123

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
Airbag ECU fault 13 --"HELP"
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:49:57 PM »
Hi All

new to the Mazda forum, recently purchased a 2013 Venture edition for my Mum as it seemed a nice car with good reviews, got it for a bargain price as it was a CAT D and now its all fixed im struggling to reset the airbag light.

when it was fixed all the airbags were replaced as well as seat belts and sensors etc

when i reset the ECU it said no faults and is fine until i turn off the ignition, next time i turn it on it flashes once the three times then the airbag light stays on..

so does anyone know what fault 13 is as my software doesn't seem to be able to find a fault and i cant find anyone who knows what 13 is and my local Mazda dealer really doesn't want to help.

your help would be much appreciated as i don't want to give it to my mum to drive until i can be sure shes not going to get an airbag in the face.

many thanks

Ron

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • TS2 Class
  • Watching events
    • Email
  • Body: Hatchback
Re: Airbag ECU fault 13 --"HELP"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:15:01 PM »
I can't help you specifically with your problem, but I  do have a knack of hunting down a problem. 

In relation to your Code 13, there are several references to this code on other Mazdas. To be honest there are too many occurrences of this fault on various other Mazda models to ignore. So it is worthwhile considering that the same solutions would apply to your model, as Mazda seem to use the same code universally for the same problem.

Here is one   https://www.2carpros.com/questions/1994-mazda-miata-94-air-bag-light-that-blinks-once-pauses-three-times-this

There are other reports relating to the following..

1. The Rear right wheel speed sensor

2. Crash sensor shorted to ground

3. Damaged clockspring or clockspring connection faulty.
WARNING ! !   Messing with the clockspring is a very dangerous activity and extreme care should be taken if you are considering interfering with this component

All of these are searceable by putting mazda 2 fault code 13  or  mazda 2 fault code 13 clockspring  in your internet search bar. 

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:06:23 PM »
Ron123...

Not sure if these will help....

Shaun.....

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:06:23 PM »