Author Topic: Thinking about a used Mazda 2  (Read 137 times)

Offline stew

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
Thinking about a used Mazda 2
« on: May 10, 2018, 02:49:07 PM »
Hi,

For various complicated reasons we're going to get rid of two of our cars and replace with a small but practical hatch. This will mostly be a commuter car for myself and occasional holidaying car for my wife and I (and our dog!).

A Mazda 2 up to about 2014 with low mileage is within our budget and it does seem to tick most of the boxes but I have a few questions:

- Is it easy to get Bluetooth functionality working on any of the models that don't have it, ideally so you can pick up a call with the steering controls. I know there are a lot of aftermarket options but do any of them actually work well?

- Is there a practical tow bar / roof rack available for added capacity on occasion, I'm thinking roof rack is a better bet?

- Will it stand up to regular use (35-40 miles a day on mixed roads) and occasional abuse (rough single track roads)?

I enjoy driving and tinkering with cars so I like the sound of the positive reviews regarding the handling of the car and reliability / ease of maintenance. We really need to look at one soon and I think gut feeling might play a part in the decision but having answers to the above questions would certainly help too.

Mazda 2 Forums UK

Thinking about a used Mazda 2
« on: May 10, 2018, 02:49:07 PM »