Author Topic: Would air con issue be covered by warranty?  (Read 91 times)

Offline CrushedBunny

• S Class
  • '65 SportNav Auto Soul Red
    • Email
  • Body: Hatchback
Would air con issue be covered by warranty?
« on: May 16, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »
Hello everyone...new here and new to owning a Mazda. I bought a 2015 SportNav automatic in December 2017 with 19,000 on the clock from local Mazda dealership. Car was fully serviced etc before I picked it up and came with a 12 month warranty. So far, everything with it has been great, but now we've had some hot weather, I find the air con is either very poor or is not working. It doesn't seem to cool the car at all and even pumps out hot air initially when the weather is warm.

I'm assuming this isn't right, i'm coming from an old '54 plate Fiesta that was icy cold within minutes! Should this be covered under my warranty or could I argue that it should have been spotted and corrected during the servicing etc before I picked up the car? This is my first time buying a car this new from a dealership, so I'm not entirely sure what should and shouldn't be checked over/covered by warranty. Advice would be appreciated  :)

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • TS2 Class
  • Watching events
    • Email
Re: Would air con issue be covered by warranty?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:42:27 AM »
It's likely that the Air Con needs servicing and refilling. Not entirely sure but I would have thought that it was part of the servicing schedule.  However I would say that it is not a warranty issue.

There are 3rd party suppliers who will service Air/Con including top up issues, who would probably be cheaper than getting your dealer to do it.

Offline CrushedBunny

• S Class
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:26:03 AM »
Thank you  :)

Offline Si

• Sport Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »
There are posts on this forum about the current model 2 that are having problems/failures of the compressor.  Most seem to get it done under warranty but the most recent post on here seemed to not be covered, link here with links to other threads http://www.mazda2forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=2777.msg20557#msg20557

There certainly is an issue with the aircon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:56:03 PM by Si »

Offline ceegee

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:58:43 PM »
Hello everyone...new here and new to owning a Mazda. I bought a 2015 SportNav automatic in December 2017 with 19,000 on the clock from local Mazda dealership. Car was fully serviced etc before I picked it up and came with a 12 month warranty. So far, everything with it has been great, but now we've had some hot weather, I find the air con is either very poor or is not working. It doesn't seem to cool the car at all and even pumps out hot air initially when the weather is warm.

I'm assuming this isn't right, i'm coming from an old '54 plate Fiesta that was icy cold within minutes! Should this be covered under my warranty or could I argue that it should have been spotted and corrected during the servicing etc before I picked up the car? This is my first time buying a car this new from a dealership, so I'm not entirely sure what should and shouldn't be checked over/covered by warranty. Advice would be appreciated  :)

It is very likely the condenser has failed (it is  known issue with the Mazda 2) As yours is a 2015 model and has a 3 year warranty it would depend when it was registered in 2015, suggest you take it back to the supplying dealer as soon as possible

Offline CrushedBunny

• S Class
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
Thanks all for the advice, i will get in touch with the dealers tomorrow. Car was first registered in October 2015 and i bought it in December. I?m afraid that checking whether the air con was working did slip my mind on a freezing cold day!

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »