Author Topic: Intermittent fault - car won't start  (Read 167 times)

Offline aprilshower

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
Intermittent fault - car won't start
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:32:41 AM »
Morning.  I have a Mazda 2 Sportactiv.  Bought it used in Feb 2018 (19,000 miles).  After work one evening (2 months after purchase) I went to start it and there was nothing - not a clunk, click or anything.  The car had opened fine with the key fob, and it had full power from the battery.  Tried several times and nothing.  It was on it's last day of warranty so I called the dealership who arranged to have it recovered the next day.  The following morning when I went to work, I went into my car  and tried to start it and it started with the first turn of the key, and many more times thereafter.  It was still recovered and taken to the garage later that day anyway.  They said after checking it, it was a faulty battery cell and changed the battery.  Every occasion since then, it has started, no issues - until Saturday night.  Went to drive home after a party and the same issue again - nothing, no clicks, clunks or any indication that it wanted to start - again, full power from battery.  Tried it several times again and nothing.  I left it in the car park overnight to arrange recovery the next day.  I went up the following morning and the same happened as the previous time - started first time with the turn of the key!!!!  I drove it to the Mazda dealership and that's where it's currently sitting.  Any ideas / help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Offline cosh68

• MPS Class
    • Email
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Intermittent fault - car won't start
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
aprilshower,

Did the dealer pull any codes from it ?  DTC

Whats the immobiliser light doing at this point ?

Shaun....

Mazda 2 Forums UK

Re: Intermittent fault - car won't start
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »