Author Topic: Scrappage Deal  (Read 15253 times)

Offline Scott

• Zooom Zoooom :D
  • Sport Class
Re: Scrappage Deal
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 03:37:03 PM »
peppera - check your inbox please
Need any help?? Feel free to contact me whenever as i am here to help =)
Scott // Mazda 2 UK Forums Admin =]

Interested in coming to the First Mazda 2 Forums Mini meet?? Click Here

Offline allday247

• TS Class
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »
Just letting you know that my car is being picked up next week (2009 Sport facelift model), which includes the scrappage deal and 0% finance   ;D

Offline peppera

• TS Class
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »
That's it, I'm off to Mazda showroom after work!  I've waited long enough.  Gonna try and secure a Tamura if I can....

Offline allday247

• TS Class
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 02:39:08 PM »
hehe, i ordered before the scrappage deal was announced but told them to hold off registration till the deal came into effect  ;)

google09

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 06:38:40 PM »
You clever person you and a great saving you have made ;) ;D

Offline peppera

• TS Class
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
*sigh*

Suffered some poor dealership service this weekend....prepare for a rant:

After work Friday I popped in to Cardiff Mazda to try and secure a Tamura on scrappage, was told they only had one and it "wasn't" included in the scrappage scheme (this is tosh, as they have to offer it across the range), but I figure if they don't want to sell it to me they'll always find an excuse.

I then asked about a 3dr TS2, which was met with a sharp intake of breath by a rather smug sales person, he looked on his computer and said there were a couple at other dealers but they were probably already gone because of demand!  He told me he could possibly get one by end-July/August with a £500 deposit.  They were trying to sell me the 5dr, which with paint would cost me £500 more than a Tamura!!!

I left without committing to this for obvious reasons.

On Saturday I rang Newport Mazda, they also didn't have Tamuras, but the dealer said he could easily get hold of a 3dr TS2 and there was a large stock available and he could swap cars with other dealers.  My guess is that Cardiff Mazda can't secure more stock from other dealers because they are too small to be able to swap vehicles etc.

After all this I "should" be able to get the TS2 in the colour of my choice (or second choice), but I'll be calling them back today with details of the car that I am scrapping.  Already paid a £250 deposit, but that's half of what Cardiff Mazda asked me for.

Buying a car shouldn't be difficult, I wasn't even haggling for extras or discount coz I know the scrappage isn't very good for them on smaller cars.  Am I unreasonable?  Or are Mazdas really so severely understocked in this country?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:33:38 AM by peppera »

Offline davemac30

• S Class
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:05 AM »
After work Friday I popped in to Cardiff Mazda to try and secure a Tamura on scrappage, was told they only had one and it "wasn't" included in the scrappage scheme (this is tosh, as they have to offer it across the range), but I figure if they don't want to sell it to me they'll always find an excuse.

complete tosh as you say, clearly states on the mazda website that the Tamura is part of the deal, see link.

http://www.mazda.co.uk/showroom/offers/0-across-the-range/Offer-1/

Offline peppera

• TS Class
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
I told them that, and they maintained it was up to the individual dealer.

But again, if they chose to offer scrappage they have to offer it across the ENTIRE range, I have no problem if they decided not to offer it all, that's they're prerogative as a small dealer.

Offline davemac30

• S Class
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 11:14:02 AM »
I must admit, i was at the dealers yesterday looking to take part in scrappage scheme, they never even mentioned the Tamura, going to give them a call today to see if it's included.

Offline Wades

• Oi..you.. Mazda!
  • MPS Class
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »
I'm due to take mine in for a service aver the next couple of weeks. I'll ask if my they're doing the deal so we can get an idea of the national dealer differences.

Offline mcbain_rj

• S Class
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 08:27:34 PM »
I have to admit that the mayhem around this scheme from mazda would be enough to drive me away as I have been fobbed off for ages (and missed out on my top two colour choices) but I have rather fallen in love with the car so have settled for a silver 3DR TS2. Like many of you I had issues with mazda and informing me about the scheme. By the way did anybody fill in the form on the website and actually hear back?
I luckily was with a couple of dealers and got a call from them about two weeks ago. I was told there were no green or blue 3dr ts2s in the UK that weren't already sold but I could go for the silver one sitting in their showroom (yes I thought this was a very good way of getting rid of the one they had) and that way I could get it sooner. I signed on monday and handed over my deposit (whilst desperately asking my dad to go over and prod the people who were now leaning and sat on the sides and bonnet of what was going to be my new car!!!) expecting to get a phone call later in the week to confirm I could pick it up today.

I am still waiting...mazda are not registering any cars due to the issues which are now all over the news about vat etc and so I have been told that I am just going to have to wait! Now I'm sorrry but the scheme has a government start date of the 18th, agreed with by dealers and manufacturers and yet on the launch day (afyter having two months to sort it all out) they finally hit a wall!!

Does anybody else think this is very much unfair??? Isa anbodsy else in a similar position as a few of you have mentioned the scrappage scheme?

Anyway, sorry for the rant but I had my heart broken by mazda yet again. lol.

Offline angelos

• Don't upset the rythm!!
  • Ultimate Class
  • Now that's zoom zoom
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »

Offline jb66

• Tamura
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 09:44:13 PM »
I'm looking to buy a tamura like the website advertised.  Only to be told they no longer make them, not a good start and has put me off a bit, still thinking about a ts2

Offline davemac30

• S Class
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 07:26:27 AM »
I must admit, i was at the dealers yesterday looking to take part in scrappage scheme, they never even mentioned the Tamura, going to give them a call today to see if it's included.

Update on the phone call, No Tamuras in stock anywhere, so ordered the TS2 in Black.

Offline Scott

• Zooom Zoooom :D
  • Sport Class
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 07:42:35 AM »
I Think Its A Shame about no Tamuras being available, altho they were originally planned as a 'limited edition' i guess i was lucky when i got mine.

Congrats on your new buy Davemac30 =)
Need any help?? Feel free to contact me whenever as i am here to help =)
Scott // Mazda 2 UK Forums Admin =]

Interested in coming to the First Mazda 2 Forums Mini meet?? Click Here

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 07:42:35 AM »