Author Topic: Scrappage Deal  (Read 16259 times)

Offline angelos

• Don't upset the rythm!!
  • Ultimate Class
  • Now that's zoom zoom
  • Body: Saloon
Re: Scrappage Deal
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 07:58:22 AM »
Are they really out of stock or just a trick to sell them later when the scheme will expire? :/

Offline jb66

• Tamura
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »
I've been told i need to wait 6 weeks for black, or 1 for grey, i've not seen the ts2 grey, is it nice or better waiting for the black?

google09

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 08:40:56 AM »
If its the Met Grey its a great colour, but you have to live with it ;D

Offline peppera

• TS Class
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 09:12:24 AM »
I've given the dealer my colour choices:

1. Grey
2. Black
3. Silver

I am not a colourful person.....

Need to call him back today and pester him for an update.

google09

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 10:35:21 AM »
Well this is my take on the colours you mention :

* Black looks best when clean, but shows up dirt too easily and scratches even from washing and waxing.
* Grey is the best all round colour, but does show the road dirt a lot.
* Silver is the best colour not to show the dirt and is easier to wash in the sun without showing streaks if you live in a hard water area, but I don't think it lucks that good   on a 2.

So if your still not bothered, take the one they can deliver soonest ;D

Offline peppera

• TS Class
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »
Thanks for the colour advice, I was even tempted by the white, especially for the Tamura.

On a side note, I also filled in the scrappage form online, I have had nothing from Mazda....

Offline davemac30

• S Class
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »
Cheers scott

I've been told i need to wait 6 weeks for black, or 1 for grey, i've not seen the ts2 grey, is it nice or better waiting for the black?

Looks like they may have a few Grey to shift, i said black and dealer kept asking if i'd like it in grey  ::) Also which model is the 6 weeks black wait for? Hope it ain't that long i've ordered the 3 door ts2.

Offline angelos

• Ultimate Class
  • Now that's zoom zoom
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »
Black is not a metallic paint either!

Offline davemac30

• S Class
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 01:13:43 PM »
Cheers scott

Looks like they may have a few Grey to shift, i said black and dealer kept asking if i'd like it in grey  ::) Also which model is the 6 weeks black wait for? Hope it ain't that long i've ordered the 3 door ts2.

Don't seem to be a problem with the 3 door in black, mine is getting delivered to showroom next week  ;D

Offline Wades

• Oi..you.. Mazda!
  • MPS Class
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

Offline Vixon

• Tamura
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »
I had high hopes for the scrappage but also impatient me knowing I was awaiting cash made the deal back at Easter agreeing with the dealer the trade in on my parents old Laguna could be substituted for the scrappage deal if our car was covered. When scrappage was announce the car was we thought 1 day too young - turns out when we checked the docs I was 59 days out lol but still with the extra month the government gave it was still 28 days out of the picture.
Last weekend my parents ordered their new car (06 plate mondeo) and were given £1000 trade in for the Laguna so have split with with me. Cost to change for me is to the penny the same with this arrangement as with the scrappage scheme due to the price negotiation I made with salesman compared to scrappage only being off list price.
So all in all I'm happy, parents effectively got £500 off their Mondeo to bring it a few hundred under book price which they could probably have negotiated to anyway but this saved the haggling.
Glad some people are getting benefit of the scrappage deals and hope you enjoy your new cars :)

Offline cuke2u

• MPS Class
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 01:47:25 PM »
Hi, shhh don't mention the 'F' word, some get upset about it here  ;)
Chris
Co-owner of a 2013 Fiesta Titanium X in Candy Blue and a A3 1.4 TFSI COD Saloon in Daytona Grey

Offline Wades

• Oi..you.. Mazda!
  • MPS Class
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 01:51:47 PM »
FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD ????????????????????

Offline davemac30

• S Class
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »
Is this right?

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mazda/mazda-scrappage-scheme-18-05-09.asp

Yeah that seems right,

also available with a 3.9% rate for traditional conditional sale finance or a PCP, with the scrappage discount acting as a deposit.

thats the deal i'm getting,

Offline angelos

• Ultimate Class
  • Now that's zoom zoom
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »
lol wades is always ready to take the risks :D

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »