Author Topic: Scrappage Deal  (Read 15251 times)

Offline spitfire

• S Class
Re: Scrappage Deal
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2009, 03:22:56 PM »
Hi everyone - new here, first post

Just took advantage of the scrappage scheme and ordered a new Mazda2 TS2 1.3 3dr in Metro Grey.  Should be available to pickup around first week in Sept, and it will come with '59 plates :)

Didn't manage to haggle any further discounts apart from the 2k off scrappage, and this included the 4.3% price rise in June.  Still 2k for my pile of junk was the incentive I needed.  It was a 1.8 petrol guzzler too, and £185 tax a year.

I pay 40% deposit and the rest 3 years 0% finance, and that won it for me over the Fiesta, Corsa or Renault offers.

Can't believe I'll be going from a rusty 13 year old banger, to a brand new car. So do you think I will be happy with the TS2?

google09

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
Hello spitfire and welcome to the forum. ;D

Offline mcbain_rj

• S Class
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »
Hi,
Sorry been a tad overworked so not been on here for a while. lol. Welcome Spitfire, in case you haven't already found out on your own, absolutely everyone on here (or at least all I've spoken too. lol) are loverly and uber helpful if you have any queries etc so have fun both with your new mazda (when it arrives) and on here! Trust me you will love your car! lol.

Offline jwc04

• S Class
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »
Hello everyone, another newbie here!

Yesterday I ordered my Mazda 2 TS 1.3 5dr in True Red. Been told it will be available for pick up in 2 weeks - the dealer told me that someone cancelled their order the day before. For info, if anyone else is after the exact same spec car the Mazda dealer in Hexham is getting one in in mid August.

Anyway, I've been looking to order a Mazda 2 for some time, so I'm really looking forward to it  ;D

I Took advantage of the scrappage scheme too, will be parting company with my 11 year old Ford Fiesta, which I will miss as she's been a good 'un! I only got the basic £2k off, tried to get extra with a few other dealers but on one would budge, the dealers I contacted in North East England all said they only get a basic handling charge with scrappage orders.

So I'll be the proud owner of my first Mazda on 18th July!!

Offline jb66

• Tamura
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
I had a call from my mazda dealer and my finance rate will now be 5.9%  Apparently when i paid my deposit it was only for the price of the car not the finance deal.  I'm a bit unhappy but still cant find a better value car than the mazda 2.  Also I was told it will now be september when I get my car, which doesnt really bother me as it will be a 59 plate.  ::)

Offline jb66

• Tamura
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »
A little update... the dealer called and apologised, im still entitled to my original 3.9% and been given an est date of 19th September, so getting a 59 plate :)

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »