Author Topic: Double Din/Single Din, DVD HELP ? - I have ordered a mazda 2 ts 1.3 59plate  (Read 4443 times)

Offline fred_soneya

• S Class
    • Email
I have ordered a 1.3 ts mazda 2 59 plate,

i was wondering will this support a double din or single din dvd/cd player or not ?

what else would i need to make this work and is it easy to install or should i get it fitted

thanks
Fred

Offline Nathan_MAZDA2

• Sport Class
    • Track toy...
    • Email
you would need a Fascia plate (which only comes in double din)
A harness to convert standard ISO leads to Mazda's leads
then to be legal you need to take a wire to the hardbrake so it earths when the hand brake is on.... but if you find an earth closer to the unit (negative wire out of the stero for example) this would be easier and the DVD would be able to play all the time... (not strictly legal though!)

hope that helps...
 :D
Nathan
It's not impossible..... it just costs more!

Offline fred_soneya

• S Class
    • Email
cheers for the help mate, sorry im new to this lol
would this be easy to do or should i get it fitted ?
and any recommendations on where to get fascia plates from

thanks
fred

Offline Nathan_MAZDA2

• Sport Class
    • Track toy...
    • Email
easy to do if you know what your doing....
basically the hardest part should be taking the old unit out and putting the new fascia plate in! the rest is just plug 'n' play :)

i've seen the Fascia's on ebay but i'm not certain on their quality. Mazda sell them too.
It's not impossible..... it just costs more!

Offline andyh15

• S Class
    • Email
I went down to my local audio shop and they ordered the fascia for me and im having a single din head unit fitted with steering wheel controls, wasnt too expensive either :)

Offline Oeyi343

• S Class
    • Email
cheers for the help mate, sorry im new to this lol
would this be easy to do or should i get it fitted ?
and any recommendations on where to get fascia plates from

thanks
fred
Hmmm, just find Mazda DVD there, now most of the car DVD for appropriative, generallt speaking, they can be well compatible with your original car, as those car DVD players are special designed for the original car, definitely, there are also 1 din and 2 din car DVD player for those cars, you can just mearsure the size of the air condition panel and the orignal CD planel of your car.
More please refer to : http://blog.espow.com/what-is-the-1-din-and-2-din-car-dvd-player/

Offline mango

• TS2 Class
Ask scott, he had one in his sport :)

Mazda 2 Forums UK