Author Topic: Alloy Footrest and Alloy Pedals  (Read 4598 times)

Offline ellis

• Tamura
Alloy Footrest and Alloy Pedals
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »
Hey guys
Anybody here fitted the alloy footrest and alloy pedals to their 2? Are they straightforward to fit? Are there threaded holes behind the carpet for the footrest to be screwed into or does it attach some other way?
Thinking of purchasing a set so any info would be much appreciated.
Cheers...

Offline terryt

• TS2 Class
Re: Alloy Footrest and Alloy Pedals
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:35:04 PM »
For the footrest you need to make holes by screwing in the self tapping plastic plug things first into the carpet and then using the screws to screw into the plugs.

For the pedals you need to drill holes into the pedals (remove rubber covers first) and bolt them in.

Offline ellis

• Tamura
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
terryt

Thanks for the reply and for the info. Much appreciated! Is it reasonably straight forward to do for someone like me who is reasonably competant around cars and tools!?!

Cheers
Ellis

Offline terryt

• TS2 Class
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »
Yeh, its a simple job for any competent DIY'er. For the pedals, place a block of wood under the pedals so they don't push down when you're drilling into it. The hardest thing is manoeuvring yourself in the footwell into positions you woudn't think possible  :o ;D

Offline Stokesy81

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a set how easy is to drill into the pedal Are the pedals plastic for metal ?

Offline eric-m2sport

• S Class
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »
Hi all sorry to hijack your thread.....
 I am just fitting in my genuine mazda 2 sport pedals, Ive done the footrest/accelerator/brake pedals but the clutch when i lined it up to the pedal cover there is a metal bar behind the pedal which is inline with the marked spot i have done ready for drilling the hole. Just looks like abit of a fiddle to get the screw through.....I dont want to drill it before i f... it up lol
Please help.....

Thanks

Ezzy

Offline eric-m2sport

• S Class
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »
It was ok for me but the hard part is trying to get yourself into the tight space underneath the steering wheel to drill the holes (sore back/hip) lol......
1st off best getting tapping screws to make a marked spot for the drill or else when drilling you will slide all over the pedal scratching them with the drill which i did but as the pedal covers will cover this :P. And i used masking tape to cover the pedals its just easier for the marking showing up.

ezzy

Mazda 2 Forums UK

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »